View Single Post
Old
01-13-2010, 10:59 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncpuckhog View Post
I really don't think that JR and MO think the playoffs are even remotely possible. To make the playoffs, we'd probably need 94 points (based on last couple of seasons). So we'd have to have 59 more points in only 37 games.

Assume 3 more OTLs for the season..so the Canes would have to go 28-6-3 in the last 37 games to have a chance at the playoffs. JR and Mo aren't that unrealistic...especially having to still play Chi, Phi, Bos (x3), Buf (x2), NJ (x2), Pit (x2), Cal, Pho..etc..

Mo is trying to win games. His job is to put the best product on the ice that is possible so Ward gives the team the best chance to win.

I'm not sold on Frolov. Definitely has skill..but seems to lack drive / focus. Kings fans are consistently complaining about this (and his coach has gotten on him a number of times). Doesn't see the fit the mold of what the Canes typically look for.
he is awesome at the down low cycle possession game, and he is tough to get the puck away from, he could be a good linemate for staal, really. he has great hands, and gets to loose pucks well. he is obviously inconsistent, but who isnt? i think he would be a great addition to us. he is dangerous on the kill when he is used there as well. dont know whats gone wrong in la, but he needs a change i think. we should be after him and kobasew this off season. add a couple of young guys with those two and we have a pretty good young core of forwards. frolov still has some years in him.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote