View Single Post
Old
01-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Indrew

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.
I would care if we lost Elliott for nothing. He is struggling but he is far from a lost cause.

They thought, and probably still do think, that Elliott has the potential to be a starter. Auld is a career backup with terrible numbers himself right now in Dallas. They absolutely made the right choice.

We are so tough on goaltenders here it's unreal. Alex Auld revisionism? Ridiculous.

This team should've kept Emery though!

Indrew is offline   Reply With Quote