View Single Post
Old
01-14-2010, 11:21 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
why bring in a player that's going to bolt for Russia over the summer ? ... makes no cents/sense ... we'd be losing one of our better goalies, one of our better overall players in Ward (just a steady player) & our # 1 prospect ... yeah, no thanks
We might lose him anyway. I would guess no more than a half-dozen people know how much money Rinne is looking for next summer, and I doubt any of them post here. Plus, Hedberg is playing the best hockey of his career in front of one of the leagues most porous defenses (I don't think the league tracks odd man rushes given up, but the Thrashers would probably lead the league or be among the league leaders), so everything comes out in the wash on the goalie swap.

It's certainly a thought-provoking trade, if nothing else. Very high-risk, high-reward. I'm just not sure it's the right mindset for our organization right now (if Wilson is actually going to start scoring, he has enormous value), although with Arnott and Sullivan's contracts coming due next year and many of our veteran players starting to show their age, this might be the best opportunity to go genitals-out that we'll have for a while.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote