View Single Post
Old
01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
When was the last time you heard audio from Sather?

I bring this up now because on tsn.ca I just watched a 12 minute interview with Leafs GM Brian Burke where he gives a lot of perspective on his team. I am not a leafs fan and I hate a lot of the moves that Brian Burke has made (Kessel, Komisarek, etc.) but I love the fact that he is so up-front with the media. I wish Sather would give us 1/10 of the exposure that Burke gives. Throughout the draft process he was vocal about wanting to trade up for Tavares. Right or wrong about letting your desires known, right or wrong about whether it would have been a smart move, at least he informs his fans of what his plan is. If you go to Leafs on demand on their official website and search "Burke" 80 videos come up. If you go to rangers on demand 12 videos come up for "Sather" and none since September 15th where he talks about the Dubinsky negotiations. Not to mention, Burke also has the added responsibility of managing team USA.

Not once has Sather been asked if he regrets signing Redden or Drury or Gomez. For my money the 3 worst moves that any franchise has made since the lockout. You could argue Gomez and Drury are on par with Campbell and Briere but its splitting hairs.

End of rant.

Last edited by MSG the place to be*: 01-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.