View Single Post
Old
01-05-2005, 12:40 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
According to an article that I read on tsn.ca, both sides are denying that any new proposals have been made. Further, there are also no meetings scheduled prior to the NHL board meeting in NYC on Jan 14, where, it is being speculated, that either the season will be scrapped or that a date will be announced when the season would be scrapped.

BTW, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm getting a bit tired of seeing people complain that there isn't any hockey. There may not be any NHL hockey, but there is plenty of minor league hockey in the area. Not only is there minor league hockey, but you have one of the best AHL teams in the Phantoms next door to where the Flyers play. In addition to that, the Trenton Titans, Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies and Reading Royals are all quality teams in the ECHL.

Spend the $15 or so and go to a game (certainly a heck of a lot better than the $50-80 that the Flyers charge). I think you will all be surprised by the quality of the game, not to mention the atmosphere in Reading and Trenton is really great as well (2 newer arenas with fans that actually care about the game, not a bunch of suits trying to conduct business during play). No, you may not know who most of the players are, but, if you go to enough games, you'll learn pretty quickly.