View Single Post
Old
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
Mickle

vCash: 500
I suspect that the problem may be your skates. I have pretty low arches/wide foot myself and had almost always experienced some pain skating. A couple of years ago I went to a very good shop to get fitted for skates. The guy who fitted me said that Bauer skates generally fit narrow feet best whereas CCM have a little more room and are better if you have a wider foot like mine. In any event, I bought some CCM skates. They were heatmolded to my foot (and, although I wear orthotics, I don't wear an insert in my skate and only wear a thin sock). Best skates I have ever had - I have never had any foot pain since and, thinking back, I had been using Bauer skates for a long time. IIn the past couple of years I have also found out that ski boot manufacturers also use different templates for foot sizes so that you want to try on boots from different manufacturers to see what works best for your particular foot. In any event, I am not sure if the skate manufacturers are still doing things the same way; however, you might get the most relief for your feet by looking into getting a different pair of skates. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Mickle is offline   Reply With Quote