View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 04:46 AM
Wyvern

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcaper
with his strong two-way play I can't see any reason why he couldn't make it on the third line with Lehtonen and Kapanen, if he makes the team that is.
If Miettinen makes the team it creates a few 'problems'. Stu Barnes or Brendan Morrow will have to move to the 4th line to make room for Miettinen on the third.

Barnes would make a good center for a defensive 4th line. Morrow is the kind of presence you want on the ice more. He is not going to play 4th line.

While the concept of a "Finnish Line" with Miettenin, Kapanen, and Lehtinen is nice, it may not be practicle. Miettenin will probably have to play the 4th line some if he makes the team.

I was just asking if he was the type of player that could play the 4th line or 3rd line.

Personally I think it would probably be in both Dallas' and Miettenin's best interest for him to play in Utah for a season. Unless Morrow clicks on the second or first line, or you move Lehtinen to the first or second line.

The question you have to ask is: Will moving Barnes to the 4th line and Morrow to the second affect Turgeon's output. Because he seems to click with Barnes. If Morrow and Turgeon can't find that, then its probably not going to be worth it in the long run.