View Single Post
Old
01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Fair enough.

i just think we're looking for correlation/reasoning between 2 things that arent related, but happen to occur simultaneously. (ie: we lose in blue, win more in white)

we're talking about 22-25 game sample sizes for each, and a difference to the point where a 2-3 game winning/losing streak the other way makes them about equal.

Could there be specific reasons for the record disparity? Sure. But i'd be shocked if the color on the jersey is one of them.
Oh, see - i agree.

I can be just as rigid in the way I look at statistics as well. I'm throwing out all statistical comparisons, etc. I'm basically stating that for some reason they've been jiving better in white and they havent scored at home for 6 periods straight. A simple shakeup whether its a different jersey color, a different locker room, a reversed sequence of warmup drills - whatever, could make a difference because it could just shake them up mentally. Sometimes you can't explain these things, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

I apologize for the shortsighted comment, that wasn't necessary. Being a fan of this team can make you a little nasty these days and its easy to take things too seriously.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote