View Single Post
Old
01-15-2010, 12:57 PM
wondeROY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickle View Post
I suspect that the problem may be your skates. I have pretty low arches/wide foot myself and had almost always experienced some pain skating. A couple of years ago I went to a very good shop to get fitted for skates. The guy who fitted me said that Bauer skates generally fit narrow feet best whereas CCM have a little more room and are better if you have a wider foot like mine. In any event, I bought some CCM skates. They were heatmolded to my foot (and, although I wear orthotics, I don't wear an insert in my skate and only wear a thin sock). Best skates I have ever had - I have never had any foot pain since and, thinking back, I had been using Bauer skates for a long time. IIn the past couple of years I have also found out that ski boot manufacturers also use different templates for foot sizes so that you want to try on boots from different manufacturers to see what works best for your particular foot. In any event, I am not sure if the skate manufacturers are still doing things the same way; however, you might get the most relief for your feet by looking into getting a different pair of skates. Hope this helps. Cheers.
Thanks for the info, i'm going to try on some different skates tomorrow and i'm bringing my bauers with me to do a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I found the antacid info very interesting ... Tums or Rol-Aids huh?

I never knew that. Eliminate lactic acid buildup with antacids lmao .... awesome.
Yeah either or, should do the same thing.

And an up update on my issue. I picked up the Superfeet insoles, and took some tums before my skate, there was some slight improvement, still some pain though. I have come to realize after several lacing jobs, that keeping the top eyelet unlaced is the only way to curb the pain. With the top eyelet unlaced the pain is almost gone. However there is a lack of support with my skates that way, unless i crank the hell out of the laces around the ankle area. Perhaps something i could get used to. I'm going to my LHS tomorrow and gonna try on some skates to see how they feel, if i'm blown away i might pick up a pair, if not i'll stick with what I have a keep the top eyelet unlaced and learn to live with it.

wondeROY is offline   Reply With Quote