View Single Post
Old
01-05-2005, 10:19 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas79
You're obviously underestimating the level of the Swiss League here. Your comment about the Swiss League being comparable to an All-Star game might have been relevant 10 or 15 years ago, but it's not the case anymore. True, the players are smaller, softer, but it's still competition... It's definitely still behind the Russian and Swedish Leagues, but the claim that any other league in Europe is better than the Swiss League would be highly debatable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Romy will necessarily make an impact in North America, but the "Swiss League equals All-Star game" thing is incorrect.
Thanks for the insight there, I will freely admit that I have just read these things in various places and I have never seen Swiss League action for myself. I hope you did notice though that I didn't say that any other league was better, I just think it's a bit below the SEL and the RSL. I'm excited about Romy a bit and he does seem to have had a good tournament, however, I'm still not quite sure of his skill level and I don't want to get too excited.

FlyersFan10, I did come off harsh in my post to you and I'm sorry if I offended you at all. I see where you're coming from on Carter and clutch players are really important. I just feel that Ovechkin has such an unbelievable skill package that he's the best drafted prospect right now. However, that is my personal opinion there.