Old
01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Wade Redden has cracked 18 minutes of ice time three times in the last 17 games. In that time, he has ONE, count 'em, ONE point (a secondary assist against Dallas), an even rating, and 12 shots on goal. Awful. For a guy you're counting on to at least provide minimal offensive help and the ability to play good minutes, it is just darn impressive that a veteran like Wade has managed to be as bad as he has been. Big problem when you're trying to play the style that Torts wants to play.

Rozsival has been slightly better, with points in 2 of our last 10 games. To be fair to him, he's been much more solid defensively of late. He's still guilty of a lot of bad turnovers, though, and with a shot like he has, 1 goal in 47 games is kind of ridiculous. I'll give you that he isn't one of "the biggest problems." He sure isn't helping the team play in a Torts style offense, though.

Chris Drury is on pace for 12 goals and 32 points. The team was counting on Drury to be one of the solid support players on the team this year. We were counting on his usual 20-25 goals, and he's produced roughly half of that. For a team that was banking on a few players for solid secondary scoring, when one of those players produces half of what was expected, that is a BIG problem.

So I ask, what players are the "biggest problems" on this team?
I'm not including Redden.

To me, the biggest problem is guys like Dubinsky have not taken the next step. Higgins has not been the player they hoped he would be. Lisin has given them no offense. Kotalik isn't scoring. There's a waiver wire pickup serving as this team's #1 center.

It's easy to pick on the big ticket items (and I really am not trying to exuse them from blame). Just lets look at the whole team put their contracts aside from a second.

Again, we can all call for capspace, but who really trusts this GM with it?