View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 06:12 AM
NYIsles1*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegs
is this the Milstein era? Spano maybe?

this name the Isles colors contest is by far the most retarded thing this franchise has done under the Wang ownership.

Is white not a 'color' or am i missing something?

http://www.newyorkislanders.com/news...est092303.html
If it was those owners in that era they would not have done anything aside from lying to the customers.

I think the paint color contest was a little silly and I do not like half the ideas (orange jersey's and DP chants) but at least someone is making an effort so even if I do not care for it I appreciate that they are trying.

Wang's is doing all he can behind the scenes to get businesses interested in this team and actually likes being part of it and goes to camp or takes the team out to dinner, or is part of a draft and goes to the draft party.

I may be the only one but I'm thrilled he's the owner, even if he did raise ticket prices near the league average. Pickett came in when the team was very popular and on the verge of winning championships, when it ended around 1988 he stopped spending.

Everyone afterward either had no real money to spend (Gang of Four/Spano, Gluckstern) or refused to spend it. (Pickett II, Milstein)