View Single Post
Old
01-16-2010, 09:26 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
No offense, but I think you are kidding yourself if you think that the Drury, Redden and Roszival contracts are not a huge problem that Tortorella inherited. I agree that Kotalik (and Brashear, though I don't think anybody mentioned that) are also problems that Torts probably had a hand in, and some players have not progressed (though Dubinsky was injured for a time, and that never helps a young player) but the big three to me are a huge problem. It has to be extremely hard to motivate a team where some of the highest earners have been pretty much garbage for at least most of the year. I have not been that pleased with Torts either, but let's not pretend this whole situation has been his making.
I keep on seeing people say that Torts had some influence in bringing Kotalik here, and I couldn't disagree more.

Kotalik and Torts have butt heads multiple times this season. Torts has scratched Kotalik for a few games and regularly puts him on the 4th line. If Torts wanted Kotalik here, I'm sure he would put him in a more prominent role, like he's done with Prospal, instead of saying things like "Kotes hasn't really grabbed hold of a position to be playing all the time."

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote