View Single Post
Old
01-06-2005, 01:02 PM
HuskyFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
I see you can type, but can you read?

Maybe you should read up on prospects not in the Calgary organization before making such bold comments. Guys like Andrei Kostitsyn, Alexander Radulov, and Robbie Schremp are hit or miss/boom or bust prospects. Carlo Colaiacovo and Alexander Steen are not. Steen is not just a "flashy" forward, he's a tremendous two-way forward that has flash to his game. Carlo's a tremendously talented two-way defenseman with much improved defensive play over his time with St. John's. He's grown to 6'1, 200 pounds and is a big hitter.

Neither of them are bustable... both will play in this league. That's not just me as a homer talking, that's just knowing the style of hockey they play and their talents. There are a bunch of prospects that are clearly not boom/bust, others that come to mind play on rival teams... Chris Higgins, Kyle Chipchura, Andrej Meszaros, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Antoine Vermette, Derek Roy, etc...

There's an obvious difference between the two types of prospects, and apparently you can't tell them apart.
If both players are capable of lesser roles, and can play on the bottom lines making them not boom/bust guys) then why didn't they last year?

Carlo played afew games but couldn't stay on top of the bubble. Wade Belak beat him out. Now there is a strong showing. There were also forwards that were used instead of allowing Steen the chance to play. His name slips my mind but he played for the Flames and now plays for the Leafs minor team. Until these guys can even crack the lineups, they have no value to the Flames when you compare the asset going the other way.