Game Thread : Exhibition game , Leafs Vs Habs , Game Predict and Game talk
View Single Post
09-24-2003, 06:10 AM
NWT Habs Fan
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by
May I remind you that the worst team in last year pre-season was Ottawa!
I am not worried, I tend to put things into perspective after three pre-season games. There are a lot of positives:
1. Some younger players are looking promising;
2. We are keeping the opposing shots way down (3-0 in outshooting opponents);
3. Theo is getting better and more confident;
4. We have only lost three games by a combined three goals (but who cares, it's still only preseason and doensn't count in the standings); and
5. The Hossa-Ribs-Zed line looks to have some good chemistry going early on, picking up where they left off last season.
And, there are a few things to work on:
1. Better finishing in front of the net;
2. Better penetration of the offensive zone during the PP;
3. Better execution on the PP; and
4. Better generation of offence on 5-on-5 scenarios.
That's why they have coaches, practices and still a whack of pre-season hockey left to practice all of the above. Enjoy the Laurentians boys and get some of those little kinks worked out away from the media frenzy!!
NWT Habs Fan
View Public Profile
NWT Habs Fan's albums
Find More Posts by NWT Habs Fan