View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Dubinsky and Gaborik definitely work well together and it's the perfect kind of situation for someone like Dubinsky. He's not a sniper and he's not a pure playmaker, but he has enough all around skills and he's extremely good at controlling the puck, that he can create time and space for skilled linemates. Even if the Rangers magically got a number one center tomorrow, I'd almost lean towards playing that guy with players other than Gaborik, since if that hypothetical player could get the other wingers scoring, and Dubinsky and Gaborik work well together, you'd have two good lines instead of just one.

Dunno, just one of those kind of weird things. By himself, Dubinsky isn't quite skilled enough to put up a bunch of points, though I love the kind of game he plays and the strengths he has. And with less skilled wingers, his skills aren't necessarily taken advantage of either. But put him with a really skilled guy and he can keep up, make room for them, get them the puck, and also put home the chances they create. He's a great complimentary player for a star player.

If you worked it out, he's on pace for a 60 point season over an 82 game season based on his ppg average, which is just about where I think most people hoped he'd be this year.

I just really like what Dubinsky brings to this team...hell, any team. I hope he still has it in him to keep getting better and bring a little more consistency to his game

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote