Thread: Ales Kotalik
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
BrandNewDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
This is one of the most untrue posts I've ever seen. No one would've paid Roszival that much money considering his knee problems, his actual caliber (middle of the pack 2nd pair d-man), and his age. Even if it were true about Drury getting those offers, it doesn't justify overpaying for him.

I also find it hard to believe Columbus had an offer anywhere near as ridiculous as the one we had for Redden, I dont know where you heard that but I'm calling BS.

How exactly is the pressure OFF when they have that contract to live up to?

And they TRY to look like they try by skating around?
Re: Roszival - Yes, someone would have certainly signed him to that contract. He wasn't a "hot" commodity, but a known one, for sure. If you recall, Roszival was playing big minutes for us on our top pair, and decently, at that. Do you even watch hockey?

Drury was getting offers of ~$7m from both LA and San Jose. The contract we gave him WASN'T overpayment. It was market value, as justified by the offers he was fielding. Same thing with Gomez. If we want to talk about living up to that contract, that's a different story. How hard is that for people to understand?

Redden got an offer of (I believe) more money from Columbus and Dallas as well, IIRC.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote