View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 04:33 PM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
Re: Roszival - Yes, someone would have certainly signed him to that contract. He wasn't a "hot" commodity, but a known one, for sure. If you recall, Roszival was playing big minutes for us on our top pair, and decently, at that. Do you even watch hockey?

Drury was getting offers of ~$7m from both LA and San Jose. The contract we gave him WASN'T overpayment. It was market value, as justified by the offers he was fielding. Same thing with Gomez. If we want to talk about living up to that contract, that's a different story. How hard is that for people to understand?

Redden got an offer of (I believe) more money from Columbus and Dallas as well, IIRC.
It is overpayment for the production. I don't care what the market value of the player is, even if Drury repeated the numbers he put up his contract year it isn't worth $7m/year.

And I don't remember anything about what Redden was getting offered but I'd venture to say we offered him the most years. I also think it was a knee-jerk, desperation move because Sather couldn't get Campbell and felt the PP really needed a boost(probably a huge reason he bit so hard on getting Drury too).

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote