View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 04:17 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharmander View Post
I think you're all crazy. We don't need Ray Whitney. Adding isn't the key at this point. We can't just buy our way out of a tough spot every time we get in one. it gets old. It's like the team feels that they can't do anything on their own, and they need an injection of something new every so often to kickstart them. Hopefully that will wear off once the team gets older and more consistent, but God help us until then.
...yes, god help the penguins, who have made excellent deals at or around the trade deadline the past two years to reach the stanley cup final both times. and those first two cups just weren't the same because they had to trade for francis and ulfie in '91 and then tocchet and kjell in '92. if only those teams could have worked through things on their own without the intervention of a meddling GM.

c'mon -- why the melodrama? now there's definitely something to be said against making a trade just for the sake of shaking things up. but if it improves the team and helps for the playoffs, why not? i think after these past few seasons, shero and the front office deserve the benefit of the doubt here.

i'm not saying ray whitney is specifically that guy -- i could take him or leave him -- but this attitude about trades is puzzling.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote