View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Uhh, those deals werent rentals those were trades that lead to long standing members of the team. If Whitney was that then it would be a solid move but he wont, be he's a rental or he's going to be on his last legs soon if he re-signs and people will whine and moan about him like they do with Guerin now.
very true. my comments were geared toward the idea that the pens shouldn't be looking to make a trade -- period -- because the team shouldn't need that kind of a spark. as i said, i don't have a strong opinion about whitney specifically.

Quote:
This team has a very weak farm system and we are absolutely reliant on it to help resolve the continuous winger issue so to sell off a 2nd round pick which is a high quality prospect and whatever other mystery prospects of ours for someone who most likely wont be on our roster next fall wouldnt be an extremely smart move, especially after 3 years of doing that. It's fine if it's a one time thing but this has started to become habit.
all good points. maybe we're fortunate then, that this is just on ESPN's rumors section, and appears to come from the random musings of a guy in edmonton?

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote