View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Gooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVP View Post
Link.

I agree with what your saying in principal, though it depends on the deal. Whitney fits this team like a glove (near PPG for his entire career, goal scorer, strong PP'er, RH shot, veteran etc). I'd give up a 2nd rounder all day for that.

It will be interesting. He's certainly at the top of the 2nd tier wingers that may be available.
I never doubted that Whitney wouldnt be a great player, but what I do doubt is the team's ability to retain him after this season if we were to get him basically meaning we yet again would trade away more prospect chances for a short term gain. It has a way of catching up to you and frankly I thought the message was clear to Shero by now that he NEEDS a better pool of prospects.

Otherwise we'll be in the very same situation next season except even worse off as we'll have a probably retired guerin and even less prospect wise to be able to select from to sell off.

If they want to make a move in the off season to sign him then I am all for it, but I just hate these damn deadline deals where we're constantly the buyers.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote