View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 07:46 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It was working relatively well and made sense, so naturally, the coaching staff put a stop to it.
I don't blame the staff. Sitting Ellis at the end of a road trip and starting the guy who had more rest is reasonable. Rinne has shown some signs of making bigger saves recently, so the coaches "had a hunch". Or maybe they don't fully trust Ellis long term and want to give Rinne every chance to grab the starter role.

Either way. I used to trust Rinne more. But more recently I feel better about Ellis. I hope Ellis begins to get 2/3 of the starts and grabs the job. Rinne is not stepping up when we need him.

Still, that was a team stinkage in the first period, not just Rinne. But if Rinne makes just one save it's only 2-0 and we have a chance.

Come on Legwand! I was stupid enough to say you were going to play really well and continue to score, over on the main board. You're making me look bad! I don't think -2 +/- per period is worth that 4+ million contract talked about in the other thread...

I'm tired of this team coming out much stronger in the opening period on the road then at home. The home crowd deserves better first period efforts.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-18-2010 at 07:52 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote