View Single Post
Old
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Toujin

vCash: 500
I absolutely love stories like this. The great character and heart of this team is a big reason I became a fan of this team in the first place. One of the big reasons I love my Phillies as much as I do as well.

It's so awesome not only seeing Schremp excel here, but also being so good to the fans.

This kind of reminds me of the open house they had at NVMC back in the first half of the 2006-2007 season. They let you tour all the NVMC including all the behind the scenes player areas, locker rooms, all that good stuff. They only have 2 guys scheduled to attend, but then all these other players came just because they wanted to, unannounced to even the staff working it. I got to meet Teddy, Garth, Bruno and Asham, who were scheduled, then DP, Satan, Dunham, and someone else showed up too. I talked to Miro and DP for a good while, and they were all really great with the fans, especially the kids, and it was an awesome experience.

I also ended up bumping into Mike York leaving GMG's office that day too. He looked kinda pissed off. A few days later he got traded. I LOL'd.

Toujin is offline   Reply With Quote