View Single Post
Old
01-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Agent007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
This is way out in left field and basically just food for thought, but how many would do:

- Hodgson (or Schroeder?)
- Raymond
- Bieksa
- 1st Round Pick 2011

To Atlanta for

- Kovalchuk
- Valabik

?

Way too much to give?

Sedin- Sedin- Burrows
Kovachuk- Kesler- Demitra
Samuelsson- Wellwood- Bernier
Glass- Johnson/Rypien/Hansen etc...

Busted up Bieksa's 7th man spot for bigger Valabik.

?
IMO the focus has to be defensive help but I'd love to add Kovalchuk to the mix.

I'd have no problem moving Schneider, Bieksa and picks for Kovalchuk but that's not likely going to get it done.

If the asking price for Kovalchuk and say Scott Neidermayer were the same then no doubt I'd go with Kovalchuk but realistically speaking there are teams such as LA that could afford to give up more and they've got a better chance at resigning him.

We could easily fit in Kovalchuk on a Hossa type of deal but if he's looking for 9+million long term then it just doesn't make sense.

Giving up Hodgson for a rental just doesn't make any sense. Even with Kovalchuk there's no gaurantee that we'll be able to get passed teams like San Jose and more importantly Chicago.

Kovalchuk puts us on a level where we can no doubt compete with either team but in a best of 7 it's tough to say what would happen.

With that being said any team that acquires Kovalchuk may get a late 1st/early 2nd round pick for his rights at the draft if they can't get him signed.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote