View Single Post
Old
01-19-2010, 10:30 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Why is Huselius on the 3rd line? He is one of Columus' better scorers!!!!!

I am concerned because I own him in a SALARY cap keeper league and a dip in production means he is gone. He is too expensive anyway, but I have nothing better on the LW.
Do you want the short answer or the long one?

For awhile the CBJ were using a Huselius / Vermette / Nash combo. That combo is soft, soft, soft. So (IIRC) that turned into a Huselius / Umberger / Nash combo. Which has subsequently turned into a Umberger / Vermette / Nash combo. RJ is better as a wing than a center.

But (to include the long story part of this) basically it boils down to how well Brassard has (or hasn't) been playing. Brass was recently elevated to the 2nd line from the 4th. With Brass playing well, RJ can go back to wing. RJ is capable of winning board battles and is capable of parking in the crease - Juice is not.

Another part of the story is that the first line went stone cold as far as scoring for an extended period of time. No goals for Nash between 12/23 and 1/14 (11 games), no goals for Juice between 12/3 and 12/31 (14 games). Both of them have been too streaky.

As bizarre as it sounds, moving Juice down has balanced things quite a bit.

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote