View Single Post
Old
01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
This is a very special game for OKT, I'm sure he's thrilled about playing his old teammates for so many years.

Tollefsen vs Boll...holy hell, fighting a good friend, actually I hope it doesn't happen. On the other hand he didn't treat Chimera very well in the Caps game, Chimera was traded from CBJ a few weeks ago. I guess friendship is gone, now they're opponents.
Well Wolfy, from all accounts I have heard, Crosby and Richards are actually good friends in real life, but come gametime, they are VERY chippy with one another, and sometimes quite rough.

Millions of dollars and the spirit of competition change friendship dynamics a bit. I mean, ever play a pickup game of basketball or football or soccer and just elbow or hit one of your closest friends trying to make a play? Bragging rights or whatever.

Plus, fights in hockey are more strategic then personal (mostly). 2 guys who are a teams "enforcers" are expected to throw down after a big hit or if someone is getting to chippy with one team's superstar.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote