View Single Post
Old
01-07-2005, 11:02 AM
johnny cool

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry91502
i nominated Bryan Schmidt (JR D, Merrimack).

I know that he is a long shot, but he leads all defesemen in the nation in scoring with I believe 11-12-23 totals (I might not be exactly right, but I know he has double digit goals and assists, and is in the low 20's in points.

Youhave to consider the top-scoring defenseman in the nation, averaging over a point per game, as a candidate for the award
this is definitely a solid nomination. schmidt, the few times i have seen him this year, has played VERY well on both ends of the ice, and has cut down on taking the stupid penalties that used to plague him (fortunately Rob LaLonde has picked up the slack for him)

also worth nominating (to me), is BU's Peter MacArthur. This kid is a freshman and plays with such intensity in both ends that you have to respect him and the fact that, while he wasn't the top recruit BU brought in this year, he's made the most of his opportunities and has done so in a way that he's become BU's leading scorer and hardest worker. McConnell is another good kid from BU to watch, although he doesn't put up the offensive numbers that MacArthur does.