View Single Post
Old
01-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Am I the only one who really wouldn't mind giving up a deal built around Schenn for Kovy?
Yeah but would Atlanta be cool with that? Probably not. All indications are they are going to want two roster players. You can leave Frolov out of that mix because he is in the same position as Kovalchuk and unlikely to re-sign there.

So who are they going to give up from the roster? Stoll? Ok but then what do we do about a 2nd line center when Handzus' contract is up? Who else can they part with from the roster that Atlanta would actually want without hurting the team in the short term?

The more and more you put these scenarios together, the more evident it becomes to me that the Kings probably aren't willing to part with what it will take to get him here and conversely, Atlanta probably isn't interested in what the KIngs would be offereing.

That being said, if they'd take some prospects and high draft picks then there is a slight possibility that DL might pony up. I still highly doubt it. The guy has barely (only the O'Sullivan trade comes to mind) traded any of his draft picks or top prospects since becoming the Kings GM.