View Single Post
Old
01-20-2010, 05:49 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
SFkingshomer: What is it with people trying to argue that the two MOST ELITE goal scorers in the league don't play sound defense. Who here wants an elite goal scorer to play defense? I want an elite goal scorer to score goals, but I might not know what I'm talking about.

Secondly, check out www.capgeek.com and use the 2010-2011 calculator to see what next year's roster would look like and the cap hit associated with it.

Do a little playing around and you'll see that we have quite a bit of room to add a big $ player without dismantling the team.

My sample this morning:

Kopitar
Smyth
Handzus
Stoll
Williams
Brown
Moller
Simmonds
Segal
*Richardson (I assumed a generous salary increase to $750,000)
*Parse (I assumed a generous salary increase to $750,000)
Doughty
Scuderi
Greene
Johnson
Martinez
Drewskie
Harrold
Quick
Ersberg

Total (including buyouts and everything else) : $47,596,666

That leaves roughly $12.4 million for 3 roster spaces. We CAN afford Kovalchuk!

Hell, imagine (unlikely, hence use of the word IMAGINE) Kovy @ 8m + Frolov @ $4m. How ******* awesome would that be?

If you take it a step further and look at when contracts expire, you will see some of the genious Lombardi has used in lining up when contracts expire and when younger guys need new contracts.
How about Marleau at 6 mill and Fro 3.5 - 4 mill and a Chris Neil type player for 2 mill, its nice to know that we can spend a bit and make our team better.