View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 08:37 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Those ESPN guys really love us don't they?

This is from ESPN.com

"Training camp is a time for hope, even for the hopeless.

Unless of course, you're the New York Rangers, who peak during offseason news conferences -- tear-jerking video tributes, high-end drama, great food -- then head straight downhill.

Since Mike Richter announced his retirement, Brian Leetch has gotten hit in the ankle with a puck (yes, that ankle) and Dan Blackburn has added a bout of mononucleosis on top of nerve damage in his shoulder. And Mark Messier has returned to the team for his 25th pro season, becoming the only player in NHL history with a first-line personality playing fourth-line center and wearing the captain's "C."

Not surprisingly, we don't think they'll make the playoffs"

I know that we are bleak about our own team sometimes, but I really do not recall a time when ESPN had ANYTHING positive to say about our beloved team. I know that the Rangers have not given anyone much hope, but still.........It's just a matter of time untill Morgantti starts his weekly anti-Rangers rants.
This is just one of the reasons that I can't wait for the Rangers to FINALLY become a top team again. Just to shove it into the face of every Rangers-hater (and there are a WHOLE LOT of them). I'm so sick and tired of having everyone and their grandmother get on board w/ Ranger bashing. And everyone feels the urge just to twist the knife and pour as much salt as possible on our open wounds. The day that the Rangers are a good team again, I will have no mercy for others. NONE.