View Single Post
Old
01-21-2010, 08:27 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
That's because the medical staff in Philadelphia are idiots. Seriously. They misdiagnosed Gagne's concussion in the 07-08 season as dehydration. They messed up Briere's groin and pelvic area last year and now this year, there was problems with Gagne's hip and groin and now Parent's back. What makes Parent's back issue inexcusible is that they knew about his back problems and they've done nothing to resolve them. Seriously, this is the most incompetent group of medical professionals in all of professional sports. When you're spending millions of dollars on players, do you not want to protect your investments? If so, then why the hell does Snider and company continue to employ a group of buffoons who probably couldn't diagnose a hang nail from a toe nail. That medical staff is absolutely frightening.
I'm sorry I just don't buy this stuff. Do any of us really know what they have and haven't done? "they knew about his back problems and they've done nothing to resolve them"? How do you know?

These people are doctors/trained professionals. Are there better ones out there? I'd bet my life on it. Are there worse ones? I'd bet my life on that.

What we are told, and what is actually happening is probably drastically different. They misdiagnosed Gagne's concussions as dehydration? Perhaps they were trying to be discreet.

I'm not trying to make excuses. The Flyers do have a history of annoying lingering, recurring problems. But we don't know anything! I'd bet other teams have the same issue to some degree but we don't follow other teams religiously so we don't know any better.

Maybe there is an issue with the training staff, but to act like it's so obvious and definitive is just extreme.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote