View Single Post
Old
01-21-2010, 01:11 PM
wabwat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
I dunno. We saw a very similar situation with Keith Tkachuk and the Blues just a couple years ago. The Blues got 3 picks and Metropolit from the Thrashers for 2 months of Tkachuk. And the entire hockey world knew Keith was going back to St. Louis come July.
very true. though, Atlanta traded Tkachuk back to St. Louis... i suppose the same can be done with Whitney as well however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Waddell is an idiot though. Traded Coburn for Zhitnik same deadline for their big playoff "run".

I believe St. Louis relinquished one of those picks due to Keith re-signing with them. I'd have to check though.
i think the whole "idiot" thing is a little overstated. he made a couple of bad moves in succession, but a lot of that was precipitated by his back being against the wall primarily because of some public comments by Hartley about making the playoffs.

don't get me wrong, his back is up against the wall this time as well - with his job AND franchise player on the line. but it's the bottom of the ninth, two-out, two on, and down by a run... he's GOT to get a hit here.