View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chootoi View Post
This is a fairly smart move for Maloney. Going out and picking up a "scoring" forward isn't going to do much. This team just doesn't score goals. Whitney or Nolan or whatever overage veteran on the back nine of their career that we could plug into the second line isn't going to put us over the top. They win on defense and goaltending. If we lose say Lombardi or Lang or someone to injury, it's really not going to affect the offense a whole lot.

Now if Z or Jovo, or Jelly goes down for awhile, we'll notice that big time.
What you say makes sense, but i think I have to disagree with you on this one. Don Maloney has done many interviews lately (NHL Live, FSN, Arizona Republic, Dave Vest) and he seems to never fail to make it a point that he wants to make the playoffs this year, for sure. In order to be more consistent, and successful in the playoffs, we need to grab someone who can put up the big goals out there for us, hence a top 6 forward. Vrbata and Upshall can't do it alone, and Doan needs to focus on being an all round player, in which he does a great job. It all really depends on what we have to give up to obtain that kind of offense, I'm not willing to trade away future for a rental, but at the same time I'm open to other options. I don't know, we'll see what happens, I can honestly say I'm hopeful that we pick up a scorer or two at the deadline to ride along with Uppy and Verby, but whatever happens, I trust Maloney.

Rabbit is online now   Reply With Quote