View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 10:42 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
It all happened way too fast for me to fault Girardi. In hindsight he probably should've stepped in, but, can't really fault him. It was a scrum where everyone should've been squared off and it seemed like nothing else would happen, Gaborik and Carcillo got away from everyone else, and 30 seconds later(if that) the fights over

The Ovechkin fight isn't a fair comparison at all. There was an incident between Downie and Ovechkin earlier in the game that probably set off a light in everyone on that bench's head to say to themselves "hmmm...Downie's probably gonna wanna fight Ovie, we should make sure we protect him." And then even when it happened they squared off, they didn't just get in to a fight after a scrum. At no point to my knowledge did anything happen between Carcillo and Gaborik, it just happened.

What I can't believe is how immature this team showed it can be, we never got over what happened to Gaborik and just went out trying to goon it up the rest of the game. Any offensive flow we had before the Gaborik incident was gone. It would've been much sweeter to have won than to get into 80 fights about it. Dubi's reaction after the no-goal at the end says it all, they were all celebrating the goal with 0 seconds on the clock. WHO CARES if you scored a goal and ruined the shutout(which they didnt after review), you still lost!

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote