View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight85 View Post
I don't agree with that at all, I think it was quite the opposite.

They showed heart last night, Avery going after Carcillo, and Hartnell, Dubi up in the penalty box ready to dive over to the other side.

Voros manning up.

The team played hard.

If anything that game proved the Rangers had some heart and fire.

They lost the game, but they didn't back down, and they didn't go out with a whimper.

They were fighting, sometimes you fight and lose but they fought the fight.

Even down 2-0 they were trying to score a goal down to the last second, this wasn't a team laying down by any stretch.

And as for Gabby getting man handled.

I liked seeing him stick up for himself, that just shows you what the guy was made of.

That was bad though, I would've liked to see someone jump in. But with about five seconds to realize whats going on, and Girardi knowing it would put the team down to five defensemen, and another PK, he was stuck with a hard decision.

He should have jumped in, but he he sounded sorry about it, he knows he was wrong, so you move on.

But no one on the Rangers was gutless last night, that I just don't believe, at all.
Girardi was ****ed either way you look at it. If he jumps in there, early 2nd period, down to 5 dmen in a 1-0 game. Then Philly scores a PP goal to make it 2-0, Rangers D tires out being down to 5 and the Rangers get blown out. Suddenly it's Girardi's fault that all of that happened.

Girardi does what he did and you see the outcome.

Either way, he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

As I said it all comes down to overall team toughness. It should have never ever have gotten to that point to begin with.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote