View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
My two cents...

Shame on you Dan Girardi. Shame on you!!!

And I am a fan of Dan Girardi, even though his play hasn't been up to par this season. But last nights incident was flat out disgusting for more reasons other than the obvious.

The Rangers now have 11 fights in 3 games. For charachter building and for the purposes of finding an inentity that has been huge. Lots of guys stepped up to theplate when called upon. Aaron Voros now has three scraps, 3 stitches, and a goal in his last two games. Sean Avery had two fights in ast night games alone. Hell even Wade Redden stepped up and dropped themitts the other night. But, when it was Dan Girardi's turn, he sheepishly opted to put the shoulder, sort of like what he does when someone tosses snow in Henrik Face or worse runs Henrik into his own net. Now...If Girardi jumps in, ala Bradley in the Ovechkin/Downie incident even if the team was down a man for the rest of the game, every single memberof that team would have rose to thier feet to applaud Girardi for what he did.

So again, shame on you Dan Girardi!

But I have to ask these question...

If it was Marc Staal would the result have been different? Hell NoIf it was Michael Rozsival would the result have been dofferent? Hell No
If it was Matt Gilroy would the result have been different? Hell No
If it was Michael Del Zotto would the result have been different? Probably notIf it was Wade Redden would the result have been different? Depends on which Redden shows up?

Now substitute those same questions with this...and I think the results will all be immediate!

If it was Shane O`Brien would the result have been the same?
If it was Paul Mara would the result have been the same?
If it was Granett Exelby would the result have been the same?
If it was Anton Volchenkov would theresult have been the same?
If it was Mike Komisarek would thersult have been the same?

At the end of the day this club just doesn't have these types of players.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote