View Single Post
Old
09-24-2003, 10:13 AM
BigBully4

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigBully4
Just got NHL 2004 for the PC last night, and it kicks ESPN Hockey's ass (for the PS2). Graphics are much better. Gameplay, while not as advanced, is still excellent. Sound is awesome, and the Dynasty Mode is terrific. You can schedule practices, for Christ's sake. Also, who needs the "special tokens" in ESPN, only to collect enough to get the Devils '95 team and HAVE TO ADJUST THE LINEUP YOURSELF???!?? What fun is that? Where is my incentive? Albelin is from Finland? Who is the Czech defenseman on that team? Shawn Chambers? And why the hell is Stephane Richer a Devil in the game but NOT ON THE 95 TEAM? Inexcusable. Plus, Thorne and Clement. 'Nuff said. Also, where are the replays during a great save? All it shows are players with their stats.

For NHL 2004, highlights are terrific, saves are spectactular, game play is refined, yet easy to master, and you can download rosters, new equipment, etc., from a variety of spots. Plus, cool little extras like PK% during the season (100% - 1st in the league), animations after an offsides/icing, clapping during PPs, "Mar-TY! Mar-TY! chants", etc., all make up for one satisfying hockey game. Not perfect, but I thought ESPN was too much like last year's version, so EA got me back.