View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 04:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Why do that deal right now? The Habs can do that deal at the draft or in the summer...

The Oilers look to be gunning for the top pick in this years draft and the Habs still have playoff aspirations...Halak helps the Habs in regards to a playoff push and getting a 2nd round pick isn't much help right now...Trading for Halak probably hurts the Oilers chances for the top pick this year..He as stolen games for the Habs and he would probably do the same for the Oilers...

If a 2nd round pick is all Gainey can get for Halak he is better off waiting until after the season instead of doing it right now IMO...
I didn't say WHEN, I want to get some picks for the draft. Habs are missing the playoffs this year IMO but I would like a good shot at maybe a player like Neidereiter in the draft.

If we end up with edmontons 2nd and our 1st falls around 14th/15th maybe that will be enough to trade for a top 10 and have a shot at the kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Mon-FL : Halak for Salak and a third round pick in 2010
I like this trade because we just have to replace the first letter of Halaks name, thus saving money on a new jersy.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote