Thread: Larry Brooks: Why the hate against Larry?
View Single Post
Old
01-22-2010, 07:10 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeWitt View Post
Well, that's one way to look at it, and of course Larry would look at it like that, too. Than again, you're still ahead of the Isles and you still have a pretty damn good record over the past month or so.
The last time the Rangers beat a team that is currently ahead of them in the standings was December 5th. The stretch that they just finished was the easiest of the season, filled with games against teams even worse than they are.

Quote:
You would never know with posts like this. It's one thing to expect more than a roster is capable of giving, or not giving credit to a roster playing even or above of what they are capable of doing.
I'm not sure what this means.

Quote:
I think it is a mix of in the middle for the Rangers, but at the end of the day: This "average" team is still in 7th and still capable of finishing as high as 5th, even 4th with a solid run.
And just as easily, they could be in 13th place in the conference.

Quote:
Why all this doom and gloom? ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs, and as of right now, that's where you stand.

Do I think Glen Sather has assembled the best roster? No, no amount of wins are going to shield that, but the roster is still capable of doing great things. Especially with a guy like Henrik at the backend. We see it all the time, average teams go the distance because of goaltending. Don't make me post the many examples over the years.

Cheer up guys, jesus.
Actually, that doesn't happen very often at all. Feel free to post all the examples you want, the fact of the matter is that most of the time, the team that goes the distance, as you say, is among the top teams in the league during the regular season.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote