View Single Post
Old
01-23-2010, 03:37 AM
thejlb*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
So nobody really knows what is going on with Arnott. I would argue that he has probably been the best Captain of our young franchise but it is also evident that he isnt the player that he was 2 years ago.

Is it age? Is it injury? Is it quitting on a coach or a system? We may never know.
What we do know is that he seems to be playing at half the pace, urgency, and intensity that we have come to rely on as our top line center.

He has 1 year left on his contract after this season I believe.

So my discussion starter is this: What do we do with him going forward? Who are possible targets for that 1st line center position? And who is our captain in waiting?
I know I've said it before, but man when Arnott is on he is a force to be reckoned with, then when he's off he tends to be a little lazy, it's either lazy or getting older and it just appears to be lazy.

Don't hear alot about it but I know he speaks his mind, not so sure that makes him a good captain or not, but he needs to do it.

I know this isn't gonna go over well, but I really think Legwand can take on 1st line center, and captain for that matter . It might take a bit to get him out of defense first mentality. I know he doesn't the most goals but he does almost everything else.
As also stated before Smithson-Goc- whoever you want would make a good shut down line.

I really think Weber will be the next Captain.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote