View Single Post
Old
01-23-2010, 06:49 AM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithtown31 View Post
Let's certainly hope so.

Short-term (hopefully) health aside- he's turned into a big-time prospect for us... dare I say... a "blue chipper"?

I've mentioned this in other threads about Hamonic... but his big league heavy slap shop combined with his rapid ascendancy in the WHL and the fact that we grabbed him in the 2nd Round reminds me very much of Bryan McCabe at the same juncture. Maybe this organization will get a "mulligan" on one of those brain dead Milbury trades after all...
With all of his natural and physical gifts, I have a feeling that Travis is a highly motivated young man partly due to his life experiences of losing his dad at a very young age. A Dad in a boys life is such an important personage and Travis has overcome that loss to excel to where he is now. Sometimes that is a hidden part of the DNA to succeed, the hunger to be better. Not all athletes have that drive, they get by on gifts alone. I think that Travis has that extra motivation which will make him a blue chip prospect. He's known hard times already in his life. We may have hit the jackpot with Hammy.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote