Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Mathieu Darche called up
View Single Post
Old
01-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Sargent Pepper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
How would you describe the performance of our 3rd and 4th line, overall and thus far this season?

Bad eh?

Darche is 6'1" 215 pnds. He scored 16 goals in 32 games with the Dogs this season. If he keeps playing hard (and smart), I think he can be very useful as a member of the support crew down the stretch. Key words here: support crew.

As I already mentioned, Martin almost only used 8 forwards tonight and for the first time in aeon, this team did not look like a bunch of boy scouts. In the current context, the fact that he is 33 years old and acts like a pro is a huge plus.

Once healthy, the 09/10 support crew (assuming big Darche keeps playing hard and smart) will be:

Metropolit
Moen
Lapierre
Darche
Bergeron
S. Kostitsyn or Pacioretty

Add White to the mix (D'Agostini: out) and we could be looking, finally, at real NHL 3rd and 4th lines!

3a. Moen – Lapierre – S. Kostitsyn
3b. Darche – Metropolit – White/Bergeron

Hell to Boy scouts!

PS I still have high hopes for Pacioretty btw

One game does not make a man.....especially in Hockey!
Darche played on a few teams already....not as if he is new and we are kicking the tires here......he will have his awful nights too...PacMan is a kid....and will get much better.....Darche can be serviceable for now....but only to plug holes....we would be better serve to give that place to a younger player to gain experience....rather than keep them in Hamilton....Only in Montreal will we force our kids to stay in the AHL even when we have a need in the NHL.....I doubt very much Darche will be around the big team next year.....

That being said, I am happy for the guy. He stuck to the game and loved the game even when the game did not love him.....all to his credit really....and ill take whatever he can give....but will not ride my hopes on his impressing me too often....if he stays within his limits and play crash and burn hockey as he did last night...he can be useful for now...

Last edited by Sargent Pepper*: 01-23-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote