HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Eric Lindros - Post concussion. Big but played soft by the time he was here

Jagr - Big, but not gritty

Carter - Big but not physical. Played soft and sucked here

Messier - Neil Smith brought him in.

You're missing my point. You can't have all finesse players. You have to add beef and grit to play along side your skilled players. Even our defensemen are small and soft with the exception of Staal and he doesn't have as much of a mean streak as he should. DZ plays tough but he's not big.
I don't really agree.

Frankly, I don't think there is any 1 way to win. I think the previous winners prove that out pretty damn well. Wings have never been a strong gritty team, they are fast, skilled, and have Holmstrom and The Mule to clean up the garbage...the Toronto Maple Leafs tried to go all big and gritty and are a horrible, horrible hockey team. The Ducks won with size and grit, sure, but they also had Selanne, Neidermeyer, Pronger, Getzlaf, Perry, Penner, etc who could also put the puck in the net.

I think the moral of the story here needs to be, team staying together. Team growing together, and teams learning to win together.

I think Sather is way too quick to pull the trigger on complete offseason overhauls. When people talk about rebuilding, what they mean isn't just getting a super awesome new toy in Taylor Hall and wham you are a winner again. They talk about starting a core, getting them used to playing together, and THEN augmenting the core with some free agents. Sather is trying to get free agents, and then fill in the core on the fly from within. Its sorta a bass ackwards way of doing things.

I don't think the size of the team, or what not is the problem so much as the inexperience, and underproductivity of the vets. Which is why I am an advocate for getting Kovalchuk, dumping all the crap vets, and leaving this team the hell alone, let them develop, let them get better, and let Kovalchuk, Gaborik, and Lundqvist win us games as the kids come along. Far too much pressure are on the shoulders of these kids, and that's why a lot of them are slumping all at once. The pressure is on them because the vets are pieces of donkey crap.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote