View Single Post
Old
01-23-2010, 11:26 PM
BPD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
So, I was looking at the 2005 draft and it got me thinking. Assuming the Kings passed on Kopitar and knowing what we do today, who do you draft? Staal or Kopitar?

This is a hypothetical. If your going to waste our time posting things like "But they did draft Kopitar" don't even post here

I think I still draft Staal. This team would have serious problems without Staal for the last 3 years.
The real hypothetical is this.

If the Kings had passed on Kopitar, it's almost certain that they'd have taken Staal. Do we still trade up, or roll the dice to see if Kopitar falls to 16?

Furthermore, where does that leave us down the road? With Kopitar in tow, does Sanguinetti get rushed? Does he even get drafted (Claude Giroux?)? By 2007, are we even in position to draft a falling star like Cherepanov, or are we looking at more of the Ellerby/Sutter/McDonagh chunk?

Too many variables at hand to really look at this. Especially with that particular part of the draft. If the Canucks had actually gone with BoB, they'd have Kopi, the Kings would have Staal....would we have had Luc Bourdon?

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote