View Single Post
Old
01-09-2005, 09:12 PM
silver_made*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Okay, well first of all, Kurri has a slightly better PPG stat than Jim Fox, if you want to simply go by numbers.

Second of all, Kurri is the type of player you can't rate strictly by numbers, especially if you consider just his tenure on the Kings. But if numbers and PPG is what you go by, I think Jimmy Carson belongs on your list then.

219 GP, 108 G, 111 A, 219 Pts. That puts him above Dave Taylor and Butch Goring in terms of PPG.

Honorable mention to Jason Allison, having 25 goals and 77 assists in 99 games for the Kings, as being among the greatest while wearing a Kings jersey.
I do not think kurri is overrated, as the above poster suggests, but my thread regards the top 10 kings all-time (only their time as la kings). perhaps it is a combo of offensive production and tenure as kings; fox was a king his whole career (nearly 600 games). obviously it wasn't based strictly on pts/gm, evident by the inclusions of goring and fox. if it makes you feel any better, i suppose kurri could battle it out w/ sandstrom (better than pt/gm in regular season as a king and superior post seasons as a king) and fox (a king lifer and nearly 500 pts as just a king) for a spot on the list, but he is certainly no lock as a top-10 all-time king.