View Single Post
Old
01-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Yes, I would trade Lundqvist, only because I really like him and firmly believe he has no shot of even sniffing the ECF with this franchise. Henrik is an all world goaltender that deserves better than Sather can/will give. Sather will not ever be fired.

But since this franchise will never truely rebuild (there's too much $$$ to be made) this would never happen. Best we can hope for is that our farm is really truely legit.

And for the record. I guess I'm in the "blow it up" camp, but lets get some things straight. "Blow it up" to me means ridding ourselves of the crap, trimming the fat if you will. Everyone here knows what players I'm talking about.
this team has yet to trade a prospect of consequence, and has infused the following players from their system into the pro team.

Lundqvist
Staal
MDZ
Dubinsky
Callahan
Anisimov

They have also developed Nigel Dawes, Lauri Korpikoski, Dominic Moore, and Petr Prucha into regular every day NHLers over the past 5 years.

They also have 2 undrafted players who they signed, and brought in with Girardi and Gilroy

They also have probably a backup goalie now who made his NHL debut as a Ranger (draft day trade) in Ocho Cinco

Also it's highly likely that 3 of Sanguinetti, Sauer, Grachev, and McDonagh see NHL playing time next year if not make the squad straight out of camp.

They are rebuilding on the fly, and really if you look at it objective, doing so pretty well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote