View Single Post
Old
01-24-2010, 09:00 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
That lineup is pretty flawed. After the 1st line you pretty much have the same problem you have this season, no secondary scoring. Christensen isn't a good 3rd liner IMO, if he's not in the top 6 he belongs in the minors. He may skate hard, but he's not hte best defensive player, nor is he the best hitter.

I'm pretty sure Strudwick and Sather clashed when he was leaving, I saw someone say that around here, not sure if there's any weight to it. Completely against Gilroy on the 1st pairing, if people thought Girardi was bad wait til Gilroy takes those minutes on.

A rookie 3rd pairing isn't going to fly either, do you remember how heavily Torts relied on the top 4 d-men last year when he had to go with Sauer and Potter as the 5th and 6th dmen?
Of course it is flawed, but it is heading in the right direction. It actually has a good mold to it with a playmaker on each line and the lines actually have some sort of goal in mind with players who can compliment each other.

I really think a full offseason to work out and work on his weaknesses and Gilroy will come back and be a much better player next season. They need some semblance of toughness put into the lineup on more than the 4th line and they need to keep infusing youth as well, I think that team could get the job done although they would be thin on defense.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote