View Single Post
Old
01-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus View Post
"Trash" might be a little harsh for Lisin...
It may sound harsh, but that's how it is. He is simply a trash player. Let me explain myself. He's not nearly good enough offensively to play in a top six role and he doesn't have the (defensive/ physical) qualities you prefer in a bottom six player either. And you don't want him on any special teams. He's fast, but doesn't fit in anywhere.

Lisin is talented, I give him that, but so was/ is Marcel Hossa, the multiple year nursing project. Peter Prucha, anyone? That didn't pan out that well, did it? A player coming to NHL can't develop that much more, they must be basically complete players when they come here and Lisin isn't the complete package.

I'll gladly eat crow if he pans out to become a solid NHLer, but sadly, I just don't see it happening. He'll be gone soon (back in Europe somewhere, maybe KHL where he will thrive with more puck space). We got him for a cheap price for a reason (as usual when we get prospects/ young players/ other crap in some deal), they just haggle their crap and $ather with his infamous player evaluation skills happily accepts.

Last edited by Chimp: 01-24-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote