View Single Post
Old
01-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
And once done manipulating the personal offensive stats, look at the rest of his game.

Might be of value for the fantasy team. Not another NHL team, not with that contract.
Less than a year ago, he fetched a 2nd round pick. And he put up respectful numbers during his stint with Edmonton. I recall some Oilers fans saying they hope they can re-sign the guy.

I think the GM's around the league have a good understanding on the various things that could impact a player today. Tortorella isn't a players coach, and often butts-heads with players when he's unable to get what he wants from them.

I think Kotalik's value has dipped a bit, but certainly not to the point where he's impossible to move. GM's have proven to us time and time again, that proven goal-scorers are always high in demand, regardless of what potential baggage they carry.

Special Teams has never been more important either. Kotalik can improve a PP, and he can even manage to steal a point or two in a shootout. Teams that are on the bubble, might be very interested in someone like Kotalik. Especially since they know he wouldn't cost much, considering he's in the pressbox every night.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote