View Single Post
Old
01-25-2010, 07:05 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I'm agree with this, let the kids that can go down to the AHL go down and get some more playing time and (hopefully) gain somemore confidence when the Olympic break ends. Plus, isn't Hartford dealing with some injury problems right now as well?

Who would be eligable to do so? AA, Gilroy, MDZ I think are the only ones that can go down.

I'm not saying play them every single game because they would end up playing 82 games in the NHL and like 15 or so games extra in the AHL during the break.
The players are getting paid over the Olympic break and taking up cap space. Sending down a player to the AHL during the break saves cap money.

The break begins February 15. Rangers last game is February 14. Roster freeze is February 12. Gold medal game is February 28(Sunday) which is the same day the roster freeze ends.

Non Olympic players report to their teams 5 days before the Gold Medal game.

Everyone reports on March 1(Monday). Rangers play a game on March 2. Trading deadline is March 3.

Insane schedule. Roster freeze is 18 days away. Trading deadline is 3 days after the Gold Medal game. Essentially 21 NHL days until the trading deadline. Crazy.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote